Browsers and Logging On
Browsers: This site is designed using ASP.NET which requires an updated browser which complies to certain internet standards. Some browsers will not be able to use the hyperlinks here.
Mozilla Firefox works in its newest version. Some editing functions are html coding only; Orca browser is faster and built on same engine/coding as Firefox.
Safari does not appear to allow hyperlinks to work, though the newest version for Windows (3.1.1) seems to work well enough. Safari for Macs is not compliant and I do not recommend using it for this website.
The Flock social network browser is based on Mozilla and works similar to Firefox.
Opera seems to be built on the Firefox platform and so works fine, though coding is html and some buttons don't seem to work.
Google Chrome seems to work well, and very fast, though the Beta version codes in html.
My User and Password pop up three times in a row and then deny me access.
Be sure that you are typing User and Password exactly as they were issued. Capitals and lower case letters count.
Remember that the UserName is formated like an email address: "@chisnell.com" If you forget that, you won't be able to log in!
I keep getting a "401 Error."
This is because your security settings are set very high.
- If you are using the school's computers, change the address to https://. This will allow the browser to accept the site through secure settings. (Always click "Yes" if it asks you to verify.)
- If you are using your home computer, go to Internet Settings and add my site as a "Trusted Site" or "Safe Site." Alternatively, you can lower your security settings to allow pop-ups.
- Double-check that your browser is allowing pop-up windows for my site.
I have a different error.
E-mail me at MrChiz@comcast.net
You may wish to change what the website calls you. Click on your name and go to “My Settings.” You can usually only edit your personal settings on the web page which matches the class you are in!
If you decide to change your username significantly, drop me a note to let me know!
- You can make some significant changes to the pages—what you see, how you see it, etc. These will remain permanent for you, but no one else will see your changes unless you have “Design” privileges (only a few do in particular sections of the site).
- Be careful! Don't accidentally close sections that you want to see later--you may not be able to find them again easily!
Posts, Blogs, Wikis, Uploads, and Discussions:
- These are all possible, but note that your name will be attached to anything you change on the site. Treat it with respect, please! I will remove privileges from anyone who is uncivil, vulgar, or otherwise disrespectful to me, the site, or other students. If you see anything that needs changing or a post or comment which is out of line, please let me know: MrChiz@comcast.net.
- Use the “?” in the upper right-hand corner for additional help from Microsoft.